Thursday, October 9, 2008

Learning to Swim...

To honestly understand a thing about what this post refers to you need to check out Mimi's Blog first, then read the following... If you just want to be totally confused, read on, but then you are going to have to still read Mimi's Blog... its all up to you!

Mimi and I have discussed this for some time, and it has been an evolution of sorts. It is still an evolution in the making. We have been sorting out our feelings over the past week and quite honestly I feel as if I made an idiot out of myself. Not because I had issues with my wife writhing around in sheer ecstasy while having sex with two guys, but because I lost focus of what was happening. We also disregarded a rule, which I think necessary, that being to only engage with someone one time, not multiple times. And then there was another point which Mimi had not thought nor had I, as in my mind I believe it was implicit. I simply felt/perceived as if I were being left out of the situation. Along with not being able to sleep well the night before (an issue I have from time to time that not even Lunesta can help at times), and these other issues/perceptions, a perfect storm was created in my mind. I got pissed off, and instead of trying to realign the situation in my head, I went with my impulse and that was to get pissed off.

Now I didn't get pissed off with Mimi, I told her I was pissed off with myself, but this started a meltdown like a China Syndrome of Swinging, and well here we are. The point I want to make in all of this is the key to enjoying additional partners, regardless of how it is done, is communication, and the ability to understand the situation from both a macrocosm and a microcosm. And then over and beyond that is both husband and wife need to be encouraging of the other and reinforce their love and make sure that everyone else that is involved knows the other spouse is the most important person in the world, the room, or wherever, while the extra partners are there as guests of the other spouse.

In our situation, I see this as an exploration by the two of us, and as such we are the most important things to one another. I do not believe we have finished our exploration with other partners, but what I think we have done at this point is jumped into the deep end of the pool found out how deep and cold the water is, and have escaped to the ladder. We are reevaluating the depth and temperature of the pool, and will be getting back in shortly... But maybe this time we will start from the shallow end.

If you want to start at the beginning of my blogging, go to "Truth, Sex and Blogging" for my original foray into Blogging. Also, you should probably read the first post on "Excerpts." Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy and I hope if you do read this Blog our experience will be more than just interesting.

No comments: